Matias Donnet Interview

Donnet in training

Just hours after arriving into Cordoba, Matias Donnet gave his first impressions about his new team and the terms of his contract. Here is an extract of his comments taken from the interview with Radio Impacto (originally in Spanish):

(On why he decided to join Belgrano): "I have a great expectation. I liked the idea of signing for Belgrano and I have to get into a good shape so I can fit into the coach's plan"

(On whether his decision was helped by other reasons): "It was important in my decision to know that there were former teammates -Delgado and Medran- at the club. I also talked to Alfredo Altieri (assistant coach) whom I know from my previous experience at Boca Juniors and whom I have a very good relation with. All these factors helped my decision"

(On what he is capable to offer Belgrano and their fans): "When you arrive at a new club, you always have renewed hopes, you feel great and that makes you try hard to do well. I just hope I am able to succeed and to get back to the level I once had"

(On coming back to his level after spending long periods withouth playing): "I spent a long time without playing for Boca Juniors, and joining DC United gave me the chance of playing again feeling really well. I know that even if you have been not playing regularly, your experience and skills do not just go away"

(On whether returning to Argentine football is a personal challenge for him): "I don't see it as a personal revenge or anything like that. Coming into a new team means you have to put a lot of effort and hard work and to show the coach you have the conditions to play week in and week out"

(On his view of the match Belgrano draw against last champion Estudiantes): "I watched the match and I enjoyed it. Belgrano were solid, had tactical order and they always tried to keep the ball and that was good"


0 comments: